Friday, December 29, 2006

Today I cry

Today I cry
For you pretend to be brave
I know you just want to save your face
The hour of reckoning,
Passes us by.

Today I cry
For your lies and deceit
You cannot possibly accept defeat
The moment of truth,
Passes us by.

Today I cry
For you begin to sway
When it is necessary that you just stay
The raging storm,
Passes us by.

Today I cry
For the cross I bear
Not mine to carry, it isn’t fair
The agonizing pain,
Passes us by.

Today I cry
For your indiscretions
Sorry I had to hear your confessions
The moment of forgiveness,
Passes us by.

Today I cry
For all meaning is lost
Embers of passion are covered with frost
In bits and pieces, just a little bit,
Today, I begin to die.

© December 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home