Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And I wasn’t the first one to know.

Should be dated: May 23rd 2008

So why does it bother me that I wasn’t the first to know that you got that job? Was it because I sat and waited patiently for 3 hours without AC or food while you were at the interview? Or was it because I simply want to be the Sun in your life – someone who hears about your successes first just as I hear about your worries or failures? Is it because I don’t want to lose that spot of being your best friend in spite of having become your girlfriend and now, wife? Is it because if I was in your position, I would tell you about it first? I don’t know what it is exactly. Maybe, it is all of these. But it hurts me a little to think that it didn’t occur to you that I would want to be the first one to know.

Ah well, what can one do, except try to brush it aside and move on. And write little notes about it when it springs up from the layers of memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home