The correlation between PMS and clarity of thought
As I write this, I am in throes of PMS. In my books what that means is that I am very touchy, I remember all the injustice meted out to me and view the world in absolute black or white. In other words, I am not objective.
I am very concerned about my job. Because I’m still grappling with what it is. I am wondering how it fits in with the company’s objective and more clearly with how what I do will reflect in business growth and development. It’s only fair that I have these worries – it has been 2 months since I joined and it was an unstructured role to begin with.
Logically, I know I need to sit tight, learn all I can and then wait for something to hit me and that 1 opportunity will be my ship to Neverland. Understood? Hell, yeah!
Do PMS and logic go hand in hand? No they don’t. What goes hand in hand with PMS is stress – usually even when there is nothing to stress about. In my case, there’s plenty at the moment. And so when I talk to A about it, I am expecting empathy not a lecture on how if I don’t find my job as being self-actualizing, I should think about quitting. And I am so pissed off that he didn’t think there was anything wrong in what he was saying! I mean, it’s one thing to have a job and hate it and be stressed because of it and another to have a job, not be sure what it entails and have that uncertainty bog you down. Why can’t he see that there is a clear difference!? And how come, when he is feeling fine and healthy and is in a good mood, I should be sitting outside after dinner acting normal. And when he is grouchy, I have to turn off the lights, stop talking and go to sleep??
And now is obviously not the best time to voice my feelings or articulate my thoughts because his parents are here and will be here till Monday. More importantly, he is leaving for Ghana on Sunday. So obviously I should send him off all lovey-dovey, happy-happy.
For the first time, I see this Ghana trip and my simultaneous trip away from home as something positive and instead of feeling upset, I should welcome this break. I am glad I can stop thinking of home and focus exclusively on work. And I am really looking forward for M’s trip, I really hope I get loads of alone time with her because God knows I need some sister-time!
There.
This is why I like writing. I feel better already :)
I am very concerned about my job. Because I’m still grappling with what it is. I am wondering how it fits in with the company’s objective and more clearly with how what I do will reflect in business growth and development. It’s only fair that I have these worries – it has been 2 months since I joined and it was an unstructured role to begin with.
Logically, I know I need to sit tight, learn all I can and then wait for something to hit me and that 1 opportunity will be my ship to Neverland. Understood? Hell, yeah!
Do PMS and logic go hand in hand? No they don’t. What goes hand in hand with PMS is stress – usually even when there is nothing to stress about. In my case, there’s plenty at the moment. And so when I talk to A about it, I am expecting empathy not a lecture on how if I don’t find my job as being self-actualizing, I should think about quitting. And I am so pissed off that he didn’t think there was anything wrong in what he was saying! I mean, it’s one thing to have a job and hate it and be stressed because of it and another to have a job, not be sure what it entails and have that uncertainty bog you down. Why can’t he see that there is a clear difference!? And how come, when he is feeling fine and healthy and is in a good mood, I should be sitting outside after dinner acting normal. And when he is grouchy, I have to turn off the lights, stop talking and go to sleep??
And now is obviously not the best time to voice my feelings or articulate my thoughts because his parents are here and will be here till Monday. More importantly, he is leaving for Ghana on Sunday. So obviously I should send him off all lovey-dovey, happy-happy.
For the first time, I see this Ghana trip and my simultaneous trip away from home as something positive and instead of feeling upset, I should welcome this break. I am glad I can stop thinking of home and focus exclusively on work. And I am really looking forward for M’s trip, I really hope I get loads of alone time with her because God knows I need some sister-time!
There.
This is why I like writing. I feel better already :)
Labels: PMS Blues

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home